Creepy Video of the Moment

Sticks & Stones - The Pierces

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rebecca

While I haven't watched this one yet this year, I always find this one spooky. It's a classic and I always enjoy it! Some of the best horror films come from this era. Movies like this one remain timeless because of the methods used to build suspense.

No matter who you are, you have to admit that a good musical score definitely helps to set the scene, and this movie is no exception. But it goes farther than that. This is a Hitchcock classic and you can read more about it on Wikipedia and IMDB.

What always gets me about movies like this is that they use what they have at their disposal to create the creepiest possible effects. Shadows, music, actors, camera angles - nothing fancy, but extremely effective.

Judith Anderson rocks as Mrs. Danvers. She has to be one of the creepiest characters I've come across in some time. To this day, I shiver just thinking about her! :D

And, of course, who could forget Laurence Olivier! Stunningly hot as Rhett Butler, he's just as hot playing the strong but reserved character of Maximillian (Maxim) de Winter.

Joan Fontaine was no novice either. I found her very convincing as the meek and timid new Mrs. de Winter - she's never actually given a first name, only a last name.

I would recommend this flick to anyone appreciating a good Hitchcock flick!

No comments:

Post a Comment