Creepy Video of the Moment

Sticks & Stones - The Pierces

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Green River Vs Ice Cream

Thanks yet again to Netflix/Roku, I am able to find a horror movie to watch. At first glance, Green River appears to be something based on the Green River killings - they do mention a ton of missing girls - but once the story actually starts it mentions a cult that steals the girls (A cult, seriously?), and I got about half an hour in before I was ready to look for something else to watch because this movie seemed to stagnate more than once, and never really got into the disappearance of the sister or why Charisma and her friend were even going to Green River in the first place. It's as if they relied on the movie description to give viewers any info. Wrong move! While I might end up trying to finish this movie at a later date, I strongly suggest you skip this one and instead try to find The Capture of the Green River Killer a mini-series based on Sheriff David Reichert's book, Chasing the Devil: My Twenty-Year Quest to Capture the Green River Killer.

Well, annoyed and really needing to find a decent horror flick (Popcorn was okay, but my desire wasn't quenched yet), I strolled through the Masters of Horror series that was shown on Starz (many of the "free" flix on Netflix were once part of the Starz lineup.) and chose "We All Scream for Ice Cream."

This is an interesting take. It reminds me of It crossed with Tales From the Dark Side. Yes, it was a scary clown - albeit not as creepy as the one from It, but creepy just the same - but this clown was different...he was also a former ice cream man. The movie is 57 minutes, but even I found some of the effects scenes to drag on too long. I think they were going for the "ick" factor, but I felt it was just their way of avoiding the gaps in the script. I would like to have seen less of the "ick" - seriously, how many times do we need to see someone melt? - and have a little more of the actual plot developed further. I would definitely say watch this one, even though there might be an overabundance of dairy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment