Creepy Video of the Moment

Sticks & Stones - The Pierces

Monday, October 31, 2011

Do You Like HItchcock?

This was the second movie of the night. The first one, Seance, wasn't able to hold both of our interest, so we moved along. I put this one on, and it turned out to be better than expected.

That's the thing with horror movies, you either like them or think they suck and there's never really an in between so when a movie doesn't suck, it's always a pleasant surprise. This year, thanks to Roku and Netflix, I managed to find more horror movies that sucked than were great. However, it was a great experience checking all of the movies out from the comfort of my living room couch.

What makes this film pretty good is that it uses some Hitchcock themes as a backdrop for the plot. The movies that get referenced throughout, Strangers on a Train and Dial M for Murder, were pretty good in their own right, though I don't know that I'd call them horror movies, just good thrillers.

If you like Hitchcock and/or thriller movies in general, you should enjoy this one. It's definitely one I'd consider watching again somewhere down the road, and not too many movies are that way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment